Frequently Asked Questions & Help Page
- What can I do if I get stuck on my homework?
- First look back at your notes and examples from class
- Look at the copies of my notes posted online under the "assignments & notes" tab, the middle column will have the class notes
- Look at the "resources" tab for any extra videos or hints I have posted
- Try and find your own videos or extra help resources
- Check the answer key for one of the problems and look through the solution then close the answers and try to solve another problem similar
- Circle the question and move along to the next, then ask me or a classmate about the question in class the next day
- How do I find which homework number we are on?
- On the assignments page under your class the far left column will say which number each assignment is and when it is due
- What is expected of any of my assignments?
- All work needs to be shown if work is necessary, the HW needs to be labeled correctly and have your name on it. The HW also needs to neat and organized. If an assignment cannot be turned in then it can be done in your notebook.
- What is expected of my assignments that are turned in?
- Each assignment needs to be on a separate piece of paper from your notes and needs to have the assignment number and your name on it. Additionally, please make sure the problems are in order, or marked if not, and that the paper does not have any spiral notebook frilly pieces on it. If your homework is messy, unorganized, has no name or does not have the assignment number it will not be graded.
- Does Mrs. Brown take off points for late work?
- No, late work will be accepted without penalty up until the day after the chapter test. There will also be an "amnesty day" where you can have 1 day to turn in any other missing assignments. This day will be once per semester and will be announced in class as well as posted on the calendar. However, I strongly encourage students to keep up with their homework since we will be testing on the material and building on the material in class.
- How can I tell if I have missing assignments?
- If you have a missing assignment, test or quiz the score in the grade book will be a 0.
- Where do I find homework answers?
- The homework answers are in the far right column of the "assignments and notes" tab under either Algebra 1 or Algebra 2. There is a link that you can click on and see the full solutions on the top left under "Answers". Additionally I will sometimes post just the answers with a few full solutions on the weebly website. Please make sure you are using the homework answers to check your work or if you get stuck. It is important for your learning that you try each problem on your own first.
Extra Help Questions
- Where can I go for extra help?
- You can come into my classroom after school, 3105, for help
- ISF teacher lead tutoring on TBA
- NHS peer tutoring TBA
- What do I do if I am absent?
- First look on the "assignments & notes" tab for your class and look over the notes from the day you were absent. Then look at the homework and try your best. If you have any questions or confusions make sure you ask me or a classmate in class the next day.
- What if I am absent for a test?
- If you are absent for a test it is your responsibility to set up a time with me to take it. Please make sure you are talking with me about making up your test as soon as you are back in class or prior to your absence, if it is planned & possible, so you feel prepared for your test. The longer you wait the more challenging the test will be because we will be continuing to learn new material.